Tuesday 31 July 2012

Review | Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

Recently I went to London for the 2012 Olympics and whilst I was there I went for a shop. I popped into Boots and picked up this little beauty...


The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick. As I said, I got this from boots and at the moment there is an introductory offer of £5.99 but they normally retail at £7.99 which is quite reasonable.

Colour: The colour that I picked up is called "Lovesick" and is the number 020. Its a really bright and vibrant fuchsia. This wouldn't be a colour to go for if you were feeling shy because you will certainly get noticed with this on. In the stick format, if you look closely you can see some tiny flecks of sparkles but this isn't noticeable at all on the lip. The colours in this range seem to vary on lasting power (so I've heard). The lighter shade such as "Honey" tend to wear or slightly quicker than a really dark colour such as "Lovesick" or "Crush". However, saying that the staying power is just generally amazing. I put this on in the morning and then went about my "daley" (Olympic diving reference for you there!) business i.e eating and drinking and what not and it just didn't come off.


Scent: One of the best things about this product is the scent. It has a really light and refreshing minty scent which I think  is really lovely. Personally, I don't like heavily scented lip products because they tend to make me feel ill but because of how lightly this is scented I love it.


Feel: For a lip stain, this feels soo moisturising. I guess this is because of the balm element of it but I really think that it adds to the product so much. Sometimes, lip stains can be really drying and so when a product has as much stainage power as this does and then to have such a moisturising feel it automatically becomes a winner and something that I would be more inclined to go for over a more drying stain.

Packaging: I think that this is supposed to look like a crayon and I really like that. Its bright and chunky and that gives it a fun feel. To use the product you have to twist the silver bottom and more prouduct comes out the top. I  love the twisty thing because it saves me from constantly having to sharpen it.

Overall: I like this lip stain very much. It has all the things that you could really ever want in a lip product. It has great lasting power, its non-drying, its lightly and nicely scented and the colour is amazing! Can I find any negatives with this? No, I don't think I can.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for following my blog.
I comment on other people blog post on things that genuinely interest me and that I like. I also have a twitter and a tumblr so people from that site can find me from that.

I hope that helps. Keep going with your blog, it's great.

xxx

Unknown said...

I have heard a lot of wonderful things about these and they look so cute. The color is lovely.

I have nominated you for the Liebster Award.
Check my blog later for a post!

http://dreaming-daffodils.blogspot.ca/