Saturday 14 July 2012

Trip Day!!

Good Afternoon!

This is not so much of a beauty post but more of a "What I've Done Today" post. Its not just been a normal day today because that would make for very boring post I've actually done something out of the ordinary today.
As part of some stupid 'let's reward the kids' thing at my school they decided that if you were given an exceptional in your report this year then you were legible to go on this school trip. The trip entailed of a morning of paintballing and then an afternoon at the beach. Now, as some of you may know this weekend , in England, we really haven't been blessed with the most sunny of weathers. In fact its been raining almost solidly for the past couple of weeks. This meant that we couldn't go to the beach because it just really wasn't the weather for it so the teachers decided to take us bowling instead but more about that later on.

(No I did not take this picture, this was supplied by google images because I was an idiot and didn'tactually take any of my own)
I won't beat around the bush here so I'll just say it I was terrified of going paintballing. There were many things about the idea of running around a muddy forest shooting balls of paint at my class mates whilst having the same thing shot at me at high pressure and speed that I didn't like one of them being the element of pain. I don't know weither it was just the fact that my Dad had been paintballing before and I'd seen all the bruises he'd got that put me off or the fact that the boys who were sat in front of me on the bus kept turning around and telling me that they were going to shoot me in the head but its safe to say I wasn't looking forward to it.

After being given our outfits, masks, gloves, hoods and guns we headed out into the forest to, in my mind, face our doom. In the first game I didn't go that far. Mainly because I was too scared! But as the games went on I grew in confidence and actually managed to move toward the enemy and fire a few bullets! Unfortunately though I did get shot a few times. The most horrific being in the mouth :( It went straight through the vents on the front of the mask and straight into my mouth. It really was highly unpleasant I can say that it is not something that I would recommend.

As the games went on we got muddier and wetter and by then end of 4 games everyone was really uncomfortable so after taking about an hour to get two whole coach loads of people changed we all boarded the buses again to head off to bowling.

(I didn't take this one either!)
Our bus full of people weren't allowed to bowl straight away because the bowling alley was too small so we all went to the Burger King that was next door. I didn't have much money at all so I just had a jelly and ice cream that was actually really yummy! We hadn't been eating for long before it was our turn to bowl. I was having copious amounts of fun on the bowling lanes when our teacher came up to us and told us that we had to leave our game because the buses needed to be back. I was outraged that we were being forced to leave a bowling game half played but not being one to argue I picked up my bag and trudged back to the bus.

( I did take this one though! Me and my friend on the bus. Would you believe this was after the paintballing? I managed to re-do my hair and make-up on the bus.)

All in all, I had quite a fun day. However, I don't know weither that was to do with the people that I was with or actually the activities that we were doing but i can safely say that I probably won't be going paintballing again in a hurry! (I'm fully aware that at the beginning of this post it says "Good Afternoon" and now it is the night. This is there because I started this post yesterday and I am now finishing it today. If you were interested this trip took place on Friday 13th. Creepy huh?)

(Good Times!)

No comments: