Thursday 5 July 2012

What's in my make-up bag?

So here we go. My first ever proper post it's not perfect but I tried my best and I'm quite pleased as its my first go at this. If you were wondering, I never actually did get my camera back so I just decided that until I finally get it back I'll be taking pictures on my phone. Its not as good as my camera but it takes pictures and that's really all that I need it to do. Okay then, let's begin...

This is what is it in my make-up bag. I tend not to carry around too much make-up in my bag. I try to keep what I have in there as minimal as possible just because sometimes make-up bags can be big and chunky and to be honest I have other things that I need to fit in my bag other than my whole make-up collection so this is all I have. But you may wonder why I have basically my whole face of day to day make-up in there and the answer to that is "because I'm lazy." Often, I tend to stay in bed for an extra 20 minutes meaning that I never have enough time to do my make-up in the mornings so I've now taken to doing my male-up on the bus or in the form room at school. Now I know that that is REALLY bad but what can I say? Its better than missing the bus every day!


The bag itself came from Primark. As Primark change their stock fairly often I doubt that you'll be able to get this anymore as I got mine quite some time ago. (Sorry!) But if you go into Primark on your next shopping trip then you may find that they have an even nicer bag in stock at the moment! This bag can't have been that expensive, in fact I think that it was under the £5 mark which really is a bargain. I'm not in love with it but I like the colour combination on the outside and when I bought it i desperately needed a new make-up bag so I just got it on the spot. So yeah, its alright. I'm not in love with it but its alright.
Okay so I'll do this in order of what I put on...

The first thing that I have in here is my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer and my shade is 010 Ivory. I really like this concealer. Its light and fresh but it still has some good coverage. I wouldn't say that the coverage is unfaultable (is that even a word?!) but I don't have particularly dark bags or any really dark blemishes to cover up so it does the job for me. Now I know that the Collection 2000 Lasting Finish Concealer is raved about in the online beauty community but I personally don't like it. I swatched it in the shop and I thought that it was too heavy for me. I prefer something a bit lighter so that's why I got this one instead.


The next thing is another Rimmel product. It is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation and again, my shade is 100 Ivory. I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It is amazing! Much like the concealer it is so light and fresh and when I put it on I just feel as if I'm rubbing a watermelon on my face. I know that sounds weird and I don't mean that in the way that its really sticky I mean that in the way that its just so clean and natural. Another thing that I really like about this is the smell. Its one of those products that matches its smell if you know what I mean. In the way that the foundation is fresh and light the scent is also fresh and light.
 

To set my concealer and foundation I use yet another Rimmel product. Its the Rimmel Clear Complexion Pressed Powder. I have this in 021 Translucent. There's not really much I can say about this powder. I like it, it doesn't leave a chalky finish and yeah..its just..good.



Surprisingly the next product isn't a Rimmel one its in fact No7. This blush is really nice. Its a lovely natural colour (I have this in shade 20 Honey) and its pigmentation isn't too bad either. Its a good
colour for day to day life as it give a nice glow without too much colour and its not too noticeable.

This mascara is actually a new addition to my daily make-up bag. I used to use the Rimmel (surprise surprise) Sexy Curves Mascara but in the summer I prefer to use a waterproof mascara because I get bad hay fever and my eyes tend to water a lot and I'd rather not have mascara streaks constantly down my face. So at the moment I'm using the Clarins Wonder Perfect Mascara. Its okay although I think that its better if you have a little more time to spend on your lashes and really get them perfect but it does the job just about when I'm in a hurry (which is most of the time). It doesn't smudge and the staying power is amazing. I cried whilst wearing this once and then I went to the mirror expecting to have panda eyes but nothing had changed! I was very impressed.


These are the Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters. I use the one on the right in 005 Sugar Frosting more often than the one in the left in 090 Sweetart. I wont go on about these too much because I'm planning on doing a full review of these soon so watch out for that.





















Next is the Cranberry Joy Lip Balm from The Body Shop. Again, I don't actually use this one everyday and if I'm being honest I don't actually know why this is in here because I really don't like fruity lip products. They make me feel really ill. I like everything about this lip balm but the smell and I don't think that I can just accept the scent because I like everything else. Its quite sheer and it has little sprinkles of glitter in it that don't show up too much on the lips.


This is a rather weird thing to have in my make-up bag I know and I also don't actually know why this is in here. Its some Wisdom Floss. You may laugh but when you have corn stuck in you're teeth I won't be running to help (I'm totally joking of course I'll give you some floss. I wouldn't let you walk around all day with corn in you're teeth!). I'm not sure I can really give a review on this because its floss I guess all I can say is that its good floss.


The final thing that I have here is just a mirror. Don't ask me where I got this from because I literally have no clue but its just a normal hand mirror and you can get those from most places for quite a low cost.

So that's what's in my make-up bag :) Now I'm ever so sorry but I have to end this post with some bad news. I've decided to delete my YouTube account. I just don't feel like its possible for me to have both a blog and a YouTube. It just won't work because I don't have a camera and I just don't think that I have time to film, edit and upload regular videos as well as blog posts. So, sorry about that but maybe that'll change come the summer holidays but I'm really not promising anything.

Thankyou for reading xx

(Comments?)

No comments: